Here’s an awesome gluten-free accompaniment to a grilled chicken breast or steak, seasoned with your choice of [gluten-free] seasoning.
- 1 zucchini, or 2-3 small zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced lengthways
- 1 eggplant, or 2-3 baby eggplants, ends trimmed, sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed, diagonally halved
- 2 large tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 60mls (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 125g feta, crumbled (when opting for dairy free option, skip the feta)
Add salt & ground black pepper, to taste.
And why not try it with other vegetables, such as grilled sliced field mushrooms, or add some sliced avocado and a bit of rocket. Or, stack vegetables onto some toasted gluten-free bread. If you aren’t gluten intolerant, this goes great on fresh sourdough bread.