In this festive season of celebrations, joy and reflection, I’ve found myself blessed to be awarded the Liebster Blog Award twice.
Thank you fellow nomadic-blogging friend Muriel Jacques (check out her blog here) AND the fabulous Barbara Klein. Thank you for the Liebster Blog Award and the ongoing support you provide me in blogging and other endeavours.
I’m going to bend the rules and do the following as all of my blogging friends have pretty much been blessed with this award already:
- When you receive the award nomination, post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Here goes –
11 random facts about me
- I think I’m addicted to shopping…
- I’m really liking the new Soundgarden album ‘King Animal’, which is a pleasant surprise!
- For Christmas I got given Jamie Oliver’s 15-Minute Meals cookbook from my Mum. I’m now trying to make an effort in the kitchen. So far none of the meals have taken me 15 minutes but they have all been delicious.
- I want to start playing the piano again in 2013, and want to buy a real piano (not an electronic keyboard). There’s just no room in the house…
- At the moment I feel like we should be in an episode of The Hoarders (okay, we anywhere near that bad). D has been saying for 2 years we will have a garage sale. If it were up to me I’d just give everything away, but alas…Watch out world – there WILL BE a garage sale coming your way soon!
- Today I bought some new bright red nail polish and painted my toe nails for thefirst time in over 7 months. Life is slowly getting back to normal 🙂
- I’m really looking forward to reading my Christmas pressie from D. Dave Grohl is a god.
- I love cartoons.
- I still have some of my toys from when I was a kid, such as my Rainbow Brite doll, She-ra figurine and Castle, My Little Pony, and numerous stuffed toys. Unfortunately they have been relegated to a box in the shed or a shelf in the
wardrobe 🙁 One day they will be liberated. Oh yes, they will.
- I love Turkish Delight choccies.
- On New Years Day I got really ill from eating ice cream. I tell you, it’s no where near as pleasant coming up as it is going down…At least I didn’t have a hangover.
Here are the answers to Muriel and Barbara’s questions:
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging as an attempt to start writing again after years of writers block. Here’s more about the WHY behind why I started blogging.
2. What is your favourite book and why? I don’t have one favourite book, thus why my bookshelf is overflowing. I just can’t seem to get rid of good books! However, if I have to choose, I must admit I love The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton.
I still have my copy of The Magic Faraway Tree from when I was a kid. Ragged edges, dogeared pages, it brings back such memories and captures why I loved reading so much – the adventure, the quirky characters, the excitement and magic of all that is books. Must be why I wanted to become a writer hey!
3. What are your new year’s resolutions? I’ve chosen not to ditch New Years Resolutions to rather set a theme for the year of Peace, Health and Healing. I love the ring of that.
4. What is writing for you? Writing is my way of expression. I find it liberating. Cathartic even. Writing is what I have always wanted to do. The only thing I have known. Writing is my calling.
5. How do you find time to write your blog? It’s a struggle these days, with a career, a relationship, study, family, friends, and maintaining my health…
6. What is your biggest regret? My biggest regret is that when I travelled in my 20’s, I met a boy, fell ‘in love’ and pretty much sacrificed my travels for him, only to end up heartbroken, depressed, broke and stuck in England. I wish I had made the most of my time living and working in England, the doorway to Europe, rather than pining after some boy who treated me badly.
7. What are you most proud of? At the moment I am proud of myself for surviving 2012 without succumbing to depression. It could have been so easy.
8. What was your first thought this morning? Thank goodness it’s Saturday.
9. What is your favourite movie and why? Amelie, a French film directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and staring Audrey Tautou. The film is quirky, cute and colourful. The acting and direction is brilliant, it is French, and the story makes me happy.
10. Where would you like to live? So many places…Paris, Singapore, Vanuatu, near the beach…
11. What is your favourite food and why? I’m a sucker for all things carbs – pasta, salt and vinegar potato crisps, hot chips with lots of salt…
12. Where did you spend your last holidays? China and Singapore
13. When did you start blogging? Did you know where the journey would take you? I started blogging in 2011 and I had no idea where the journey would take me. It certainly changed my life though!
14. Is there anything that you would like to change in your life? I would like to leave the corporate world, sooner than later. It would have saved me a lot of stress, health issues and heart ache.
15. What makes you smile? What makes you laugh out loud? Everything! My dog makes me smile. Friends. TV. Man, everything makes me laugh out loud – I’m known for my loud cackle.
16. How do you stay motivated? That’s a hard one. It depends what it is…I think, at times, I am Queen Procrastinator. But to others I can come across as a really motivated person.
17. What makes you happy? Travel, my nieces, my dog, a good book, a good film or good music, the beach. So many things. So many moments. I’m so happy to know I can recognise that now, rather then wallowing in depression 🙂