The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is a bloggers-nominated award aimed at helping you and other bloggers to get to know me better, and for me and you to get to know other bloggers via the answering of some fun, silly or probing questions!
It’s been a while since I’ve written one of these posts, so let’s get stuck into the questions Mackenzie provided:
1. What has been the biggest pleasant surprise about starting your blogging career?
It’s funny, I don’t classify blogging as a ‘career’. It’s a passion of mine, and even though I’ve entertained and attempted to earn money from it, I prefer writing for the love of it, and not getting paid for it. Ironic right! It’s funny the things you discover when you chase earning money from your passion! Writing for other people just isn’t as fun as writing for yourself!
2. If you could sit down with one person – alive or not – who has influenced your writing, who would it be and why? The first person who comes to mind is actually my Mum. She has always encouraged my writing and believed in me, even when I didn’t. Thank your Mumsy 🙂
3. Describe your fashion style or lack thereof. Up until my 30’s I had no style, especially when it came to my hair. I am pleased to say that has changed, it’s just I don’t exactly have the money to dress according to my sense of style! You can check out my fantasy wardrobe for more on my style. I have a specific love for all that is ‘retro chic’, and was dressing ‘boho’ before it was ‘boho‘.
4. Pearls, Gold or Silver? I have always been and will always be a silver girl (although my engagement ring is white gold – same same but different!). 5. Favourite children’s author, past or present?
It has to be Enid Blyton. My all-time favourite book is The Magic Faraway Tree, and I still have the original book I was given as a little girl. I am so grateful to my Mum and my Nan for nurturing my love for reading, right from starting me off with Golden Books and moving onwards from there!
6. Five foods or dishes you can never say ‘no’ to?
Lasagna. Salt and vinegar chips. Hot chips. Curry (cooked by D). Cheese…carbs and dairy – my weakness!
7. The album or singer you are embarrassed to admit you love?
Hah I’m beyond shame these days, although I used to be a music snob, listening to ‘alternative’ music only. The old me would have been embarrassed to admit she loves The Backstreet Boys and likes to sing out loud to Taylor Swift 🙂
8. Are you a party girl or a homebody? And you have to pick one over the other here ladies.
I’m a reformed party girl. I started partying when I was 15 and continued through to my 30’s. I never saw it coming, but these days there is nothing I love more than spending time at home snuggling on the couch with D watching a good DVD or TV series. I love being a homebody, and would have no clue about where to go ‘party’ these days. I’ll be having one tame hens night, that’s for sure!
9. What inspires you to keep blogging?
After 4 1/2 years, I am still inspired to keep blogging by the Personal Bloggers group I have been a member of for over 3 years. Many of us started blogging around the same time, and have been through one hell of a journey – both blogging wise and in life. We have seen each other through weddings, travel, births, book publications, deaths and more…It was this group of people especially who provided me with strength when D suffered his accident 2 1/2 years ago. We have recently welcomed some new bloggers into the mix who I believe have reinvigorated and pushed us. When I started blogging I never expected to make such strong connections and friendships with people I am still to have never meet!
I’m also throwing into the mix Miss Mackenzie Glanville from Reflections from Me, who by reaching out and connecting with me after reading my blog has re-energised my blogging and writing.
10. Final question. If you published your dream novel, what style would it be? Fiction, non fiction, romance, murder mystery, self-help, advice, horror, or other?
If I was to publish my dream novel, it would be a paranormal romance or adventure/mystery series in homage to Nancy Drew. If I could record (or even remember) my dreams, I would so be on to something!
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Add the award logo.
- Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
- Nominate 7 other blogs and let them know via comments.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions.
And the Nominees Are (if they choose to accept)…
Muriel from French Yummy Mummy
Cathy from just my thoughts…
Lucy from Lucy PH Writes
Corinne from Everyday Gyaan
Lumen Ariadne from Free Like Water (go one, accept my challenge – I know you can do it!!!)
- Why did you start blogging?
- What do you love about getting older?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Kids or no kids? There is no right or wrong answer.
- Where do you want to take your blog in the future?
- Are you a folder or a scruncher?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What are you most looking forward to in 2015?
- What’s your favourite song? Why not share the you tube clip?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
I look forward to reading you, even if I haven’t nominated you. Why not take up the challenge, answer the questions, and drop me a link in the comments!