Today we break from the usual topics to have a little fun thanks to the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers.
I was recently nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award by my fellow Friday Reflections partner in crime, Mackenzie Glanville, over on Reflections from Me.
Check out Mac’s post here:
If you haven’t heard of The Sisterhood of the World blogging award, it’s kind of like a mantle that is passed from blogger to blogger, and is a great chance to ‘discover’ and get to know others out there in the blogosphere.
- Give a shout out to the blogger who nominated you by thanking them and linking to their blog
- Answer the ten questions they have sent you.
- Come up with ten questions of your own
- Spread the love and nominate ten bloggers who you think also deserve this recognition.
So let’s get down to it. Mac has asked a series of questions and I will do my best to answer them!
What were you like at school?
I was as quiet as a mouse, with my head always in a good book even from a young age. As I got older I tended to be a little rebellious and morbid, oh, and I had NO confidence!
What actress would play you in your life story?
Cate Blanchett immediately springs to mind as does Kate Blanchett. Whoever it is has to be a redhead! Oh maybe Isla Fisher – she’s Aussie, quirky and smiles with her entire face just like me! What do you think?
Do you ever get writers block? If so give us your tips for overcoming it… please.
All the bloody time! Can you tell by the sporadic nature of my posts? For years I’ve tried to develop a routine but have failed over and over. Now I just need to write when the mood – and ideas – hit me. My word of advice is not to force it and to focus on quality over quantity. Don’t just write and publish half-assed posts. That’s no way to respect yourself or your readers.
What book is on your bedside table right now? Is it on kindle, paperback or hardcover?
First I have to say that whatever book is on my bedside table will always be a physical book. I hate reading books on a device!
At the moment the book on my bedside table is book 6 – the final book – in The Mortal Instruments series; City of Heavenly Fire. It’s taking me ages to read as I’m deliberately drawing it out as I tend to be a tad obsessive with book series’ and characters, and go into serious withdrawals after finishing a good book series (or any good series for that matter).
Share with us your favourite motivational phrase or quote. OK you can share a funny one if you wish!
I don’t have a fave motivational quote or phrase – there are way too many to choose from, so I’ll go with one that has struck me recently:
By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before – Edwin Elliot
Describe what you are wearing? If you are not wearing anything just make something up!
I’ve been at home all day today so I’m wearing my feral house clothes – a tatty striped skirt and a sleeveless beach shirt that says ‘When wonderful happens‘.
Do you sing like a madwoman when driving alone in the car? What song can’t you resist?
Of course! I’m a sucker for a good rock ballad / anthem. I can assure you there were plenty of those at the wedding too! Can’t resist Sweet Child of Mine, anything by the Foo Fighters, or Bohemian Rhapsody – especially when I’m with my Mum, brother and sister and we are channelling Wayne’s World!
Everyone asks where you will see yourself in 5 years time, so tell us where do you see yourself in 5 minutes time?
Still writing this post.
Would you choose A: a butler. B: a chef. C: a beautician D: a chauffeur E: a masseur or F: A topless pool guy even though you don’t have a pool?
It has to be a masseur. I already have the chef / chauffeur / butler 🙂
Where are you right now? Describe the room, garden, cafe that you are sitting in. Or be creative and describe where you wish you were sitting whilst answering my 10 questions.
I am sitting out the back under the patio listening to the breeze rustle through the leaves of the trees and the dying passionfruit vine. It gave us a bumper crop for its final effort. Goodbye passionfruit vine 🙂
So there you go. That was actually a lot of fun! I hope you liked my answers, Mac, and I hope you guys liked reading them!
The Bloggers I nominate are:
- Jaqueline from Be Perfectly Imperfect
- Cathy Jones Tittle from just my thoughts… and a cup of tea
- Leanne Le Cras from Cresting the Hill
- Wendy Brim Staton from The Art of Why Not
- Salty Bug
- Suzannah from Chronicles of a Lumpy Person
- Living My Imperfect Life
- Mary from Living in Cherith
- Eloquent Mind from Life! as it is...
And my 10 questions, if you choose to respond (no pressure), are:
- Where is your favourite place in the world and why? This could be a country, city, place, cafe…
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert or a mix? How has this impacted on your life?
- Tell us about a good movie, TV show or book you’ve loved watching / reading recently? I’m always open to recommendations!
- Sweet or savoury?
- What are your tips for overcoming writer’s block?
- If you found a genie in a bottle what would you wish for?
- Has blogging changed your life? If so, how?
- What are you looking forward to this year?
- What were you like as a teenager?
- What is your favourite thing to do in winter?
And that’s a wrap! If you choose to respond make sure you drop me a comment, tweet or message to let me know so I can learn more about you!
Until next time,