There’s nothing worse than a case of writer’s block! You know what I’m talking about.
When you have the urge to write but the words won’t come. Or when you are under pressure to produce quality – or any – content, and just can’t come up with an idea!
Which is why I’ve compiled this list of 82 Blog Post Ideas to inspire your blogging ESPECIALLY if you are in a creative funk!
And if you don’t have a blog don’t let that stop you. Grab your journal, laptop, notebook, and start writing!
- Why did you start your blog? Why not re-share your first ever blog post and reflect on where you are now, how your writing style has changed, and what you really think of it. Here’s mine from 2010!
- What is the BEST piece of advice you have ever given?
- On the other hand, what is the WORST piece of advice you have ever been given?
- Create a video post. It could be something as simple as introducing yourself to your readers in 90 seconds.
- Do you consider yourself a victim or a survivor? Or perhaps a mix of both? Is it possible to be both?
- How do you de-stress at the end of a bad day or week?
- What are you passionate about and why?
- Share your top motivational or inspirational quotes. Create some beautiful graphics to go with your quotes to make the post extra shareable
- Do you believe there is such a thing as work/life balance? How do you maintain work/life balance?
- Who or what inspires you?
- Write a ’11 things you didn’t know about me’ post. Encourage your readers to share one thing about themselves with you
- Write a book critique
- Pay it forward – write a list post just like this!
- The two moments you will never forget in life are… Describe them in great detail, and what makes them so unforgettable.
- What motivates you? And what keeps you motivated?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? How has this influenced your life?
- Profile a cause or an organisation close to your heart
- Do you have a mantra? If so what is it and how does it help you?
- Share your authentic story in an ‘about me’ post. Get raw and real
- What brings a tear to your eye? This could be happy OR sad tears
- Write a gratitude list. For example, what are the 10 things you are grateful for this week or this year? Here’s one of mine
- The two moments you will never forget in life are… Describe them in great detail and what makes them so unforgettable
- Choose 3 photos of yourself across your lifetime and write a post about how you feel looking at them, where you were, what you were doing, what you were like, etc
- Write a love letter to someone. It could be an old flame, your husband, your mum, or your child
- What’s the hardest part about being a parent or a grandparent?
- If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
- Try your hand at writing a piece of fiction or a poem!
- Pretend you are a tourist in your own town. Head out for a road trip with your camera, take some pics, and write about it.
- What do you love about life right now?
- Write a letter to your teenage self. What advice would you give them? What would you say?
- Why do you write?
- Hit the local roads and act like a tourist in your own city. What are the best things to do in the city you live?
- Have you travelled? If so, how has travel changed you?
- Reflect upon the meaning of life.
- What was your childhood fear? How did you overcome it (if you did)?
- If you could live your biggest dream, no roadblocks, no holds barred, what would that dream consist of?
- Write a ’99 things I love’ list! Here’s one of mine
- Reflect on a beautiful image. It could be a drawing, painting, photograph – your own or someone else’s. Tell us why it moves you
- Reflect on something you learnt this week, month or year
- Interview someone who inspires you – written or video.
- Where do you see yourself in 1 year? 5 years? 10 years?
- Share a recap of your fave articles from the interwebs on a specific topic, linking back to the writers of course!
- How did you get to where you are today? What did you go through? What is your ‘journey’? Sharing it may help to inspire others whilst also reminding you about where you’ve come from, what you’ve been through, and what you have survived!
- Share your favourite TED video / talk. Tell your readers why you love it so much.
- What’s on your bucket list? Share it!
- Describe inner beauty from your perspective
- What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you/you have done for someone?
- Reflect on how old you are right now, and what you have learned in life. Try and come up with one learning for every year. Here’s an example of what I like to do annually – I look at it as a way to help me celebrate life and reflect on how far I’ve come and how strong I am becoming
- How do you feel about your body? OR choose a body part and write about how you feel about it. Here’s how I tackled this
- Choose quote to reflect and write upon
- Reflect on how the current season is making you feel. What do you enjoy or dislike about this season?
- Reflect on the year you have had so far. Has it gone to plan? What are you looking forward to in the remaining months?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? How did this turn out? Did you follow that path or did you end up doing something totally different? How do you feel about this?
- Which character from a book would you most like to meet and why?
- If you could run away where would you go and why?
- What are your top parenting or grand parenting tips?
- Reflect on the first time you stepped foot in another country. How did you feel? What did you see and experience? What did it smell like? What else? Was it a positive or negative experience? Would you go back there? Let your senses guide you and don’t forget to share some photos.
- Describe the most amazing tourist destination you have ever been to. i.e. temple, church, forest, resort, etc.
- Share you ultimate fitness or wellness tips. How have they helped you? What difference have they made?
- Share your lessons learned in business, life, parenting, relationships, or something else
- Reflect on the birth of you newborn / child. How did this moment change you?
- Write about one of your grandparents and how they shaped who you are today
- Share your secret beauty tips / routine with your readers.
- What’s the gutsiest thing you have ever done?
- Reflect on how technology has impacted on your life and/or those around you, for better or worse
- Reflect on a topical news item or a trending topic (i.e. trending hashtag, etc.).
- Is motherhood or fatherhood how you imagined it?
- What is your favourite childhood book? What is your favourite book as an adult?
- What makes you feel beautiful?
- Reflect on the following quote: “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” – Aristotle
- When life gets really tough, what advice picks you up?
- What was the last big achievement you celebrated, how did it make you feel, and what did you do to celebrate?
- Reflect on why it’s important to express gratitude and/or the difference it has made in your life
- Write a thank you letter to someone who believed in you even when you didn’t believe in yourself
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment to date and why?
- Are you addicted to social media? Assess yourself honestly!
- Set yourself a challenge and unplug for a week. At the end of the week reflect and write on the challenge. How you found it. Your struggle. The pros and cons. What else?
- Reflect on your favorite place in the world. It could be a room in your house, a café, a city or country…
- Share your New Years resolutions OR reflect on your New Years resolutions – have you achieved them. Did you chuck them out the window? How did you go? Personally, I don’t make New Years resolutions anymore and wrote about WHY I don’t in this post
- Depending on your beliefs, write about a tradition or festive occasion. What does it mean to you, your family, culture or faith?
- How has having a pet changed you and your life?
- What next?
Enjoy your writing! Feel free to share your posts with me in the comments below 🙂
Need some more blog post ideas?
And then there’s 23 Insightful Journal Prompts for Self-Reflection.
Want to receive special updates from me in your inbox, plus other bonuses along the way?
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.